As the holiday season kicks into high gear this year, remember, your patients see you as a trusted source for how to stay healthy and safe. Did you know in just minutes you can find the tools you need to reach your patients and the community — all in one place?
The American Hospital Association (AHA) offers free resources. These guidelines and campaigns show patients, families and communities how to protect themselves and others from COVID-19 and the flu.
It's an easy way to provide tools that recommend wearing a mask, getting a flu vaccine and more.
Promote the importance of wearing face masks during the pandemic
Encourage safety measures to stop the spread of COVID-19. The "Wear a Mask Campaign" lets you customize resources about proper mask-wearing and care practices. It also offers advice from health leaders to arm patients and communities with information they need to stay safe.
Here are some of the campaign elements you can access to promote at your practice.
- Frames, stickers, memes, photos and content for posts
- #FaceMaskFriday profile picture to use on social media
- 15-second and 30-second public service announcements
- The mask emoji to use in posts
- Hashtags such as #WearAMask and #MaskOn
- Images for Facebook and Instagram
- Brief PR videos for posting
- Zoom background
Engage patients about the need for flu vaccinations
The AHA presents the "United Against the Flu" collaboration between national healthcare organizations and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to highlight the vital need for patients to get vaccinated — this flu season more than ever.
- Health systems share how they're preventing the flu
- Helps patients locate flu vaccines
- Fact sheets about vaccines
- 2020-21 flu season toolkit Misconceptions about the flu and flu vaccines (webpage)
During this turbulent time, you're working hard to deliver the best care possible for your patients. At CMG Health Marketing, we see you and believe in you. Call us if we can help extend your reach to the communities you serve.